Company Previews New SpeedPlate™ Configurations, Announces Full Commercial Release of its Micro-Lapiplasty™ System and Limited Clinical Release of its Mini-Adductoplasty™ System and RedPoint™ Patient-Specific Instrumentation
PONTE VEDRA, Fla., Feb. 01, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Treace Medical Concepts, Inc. (“Treace” or the “Company”) (NasdaqGS: TMCI), a medical technology company driving a fundamental shift in the surgical treatment of bunions and related midfoot deformities through its flagship Lapiplasty® and Adductoplasty® Procedures, today announced it will highlight new technology innovations and three-year interim ALIGN3D™ clinical results at the 2024 American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (“ACFAS”) Annual Scientific Conference in Tampa, Florida from February 1-4, 2024.
“Our continued strong presence at ACFAS underscores Treace's longstanding commitment to investing in the field of foot and ankle surgery,” said John T. Treace, CEO, Founder and Board Member of Treace. “During this year’s ACFAS conference, we are excited to highlight several new innovations from our robust pipeline of ten focused product launches slated from the second half of 2023 through 2024. We also look forward to sharing compelling three-year data from our ALIGN3D™ study in a podium presentation at ACFAS this Friday.”
Treace will feature its current and next-generation technologies at its ACFAS exhibit booth and host Lapiplasty® and Adductoplasty® surgeon training events featuring recent innovations, including:
- Expanded SpeedPlate™ Configurations: Innovative fixation technology designed to deliver the stability of a titanium locking plate with the speed of insertion and compression of a staple. While broadly applicable across Lapiplasty® and Adductoplasty® procedures today, new SpeedPlate™ implant configurations are designed to expand the versatility of the SpeedPlate™ platform to address a wide range of additional fusion procedures throughout the foot. These new SpeedPlate™ configurations are expected to be available in the first half of 2024.
- Micro-Lapiplasty™ System: Proprietary, advanced instrumentation designed to enable the patented Lapiplasty® Procedure to be performed through a minimally-invasive 2cm incision utilizing new SpeedPlate™ implant technology for fixation. The Micro-Lapiplasty™ System is now in full commercial release and will be featured in hands-on training workshops at the conference.
- Mini-Adductoplasty™ System: New, advanced instrumentation designed to allow the Adductoplasty® Midfoot Deformity Correction procedure to be performed through a ~50% smaller incision and leverages SpeedPlate™ implant technology for fixation. The Mini-Adductoplasty™ System is currently in limited clinical release with full commercialization planned in the second half of 2024.
- RedPoint™ Patient-Specific Instrumentation (PSI): First-to-market technology designed to deliver pre-operative planning and patient-specific guides for surgical correction of foot deformities. RedPoint™ PSI is currently in limited clinical release with full commercialization planned in the second half of 2024.
- Recently introduced Hammertoe PEEK Fixation System and the LapiTome™ and RazorTome™ single-use osteotomes will also be featured at the conference.
More information on Treace’s products can be found at www.lapiplasty.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All statements other than statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, the planned full commercialization of the Company’s Mini-Adductoplasty™ System and RedPoint™ Patient Specific Instrumentation in the second half of 2024. Forward-looking statements are based on management’s current assumptions and expectations of future events and trends, which affect or may affect the Company’s business, strategy, operations or financial performance, and actual results and other events may differ materially from those expressed or implied in such statements due to numerous risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements are inherently subject to risks and uncertainties, some of which cannot be predicted or quantified. Factors that could cause actual results or other events to differ materially from those contemplated in this press release can be found in the Risk Factors section of Treace’s public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2022, and its subsequent SEC filings. Because forward-looking statements are inherently subject to risks and uncertainties, you should not rely on these forward-looking statements as predictions of future events. These forward-looking statements speak only as of their date and, except to the extent required by law, the Company undertakes no obligation to update these statements, whether as a result of any new information, future developments or otherwise.
Internet Posting of Information
Treace routinely posts information that may be important to investors in the “Investor Relations” section of its website at www.treace.com. The Company encourages investors and potential investors to consult the Treace website regularly for important information about Treace.
About Treace Medical Concepts
Treace Medical Concepts, Inc. is a medical technology company with the goal of advancing the standard of care for the surgical management of bunion and related midfoot deformities. Bunions are complex 3-dimensional deformities that originate from an unstable joint in the middle of the foot and affect approximately 67 million Americans, of which Treace estimates 1.1 million are annual surgical candidates. Treace has pioneered and patented the Lapiplasty® 3D Bunion Correction® system – a combination of instruments, implants, and surgical methods designed to surgically correct all 3 planes of the bunion deformity and secure the unstable joint, addressing the root cause of the bunion and helping patients get back to their active lifestyles. To further support the needs of bunion patients, Treace has introduced its Adductoplasty® Midfoot Correction System, designed for reproducible surgical correction of the midfoot as well as its Hammertoe PEEK Fixation System designed to address hammertoe, claw toe and mallet toe deformities. The company continues to expand its footprint in the foot and ankle market with the introduction of its SpeedPlate™ Rapid Compression Implants, an innovative fixation platform with broad versatility across Lapiplasty® and Adductoplasty® procedures, as well as other common bone fusion procedures of the foot. For more information, please visit www.treace.com.
Treace Medical Concepts, Inc.
Julie Dewey, IRC
Chief Communications & Investor Relations Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org | 209-613-6945